Saturday, April 2, 2011

Why is it so necessary to formulate opinions? Why is it so important to pass judgment on issues and people, when the judgment is usually biased? Being 'wrong' as defined by the majority makes me feel condemned, makes me feel like it's not worth having a viewpoint/stand because you have to put in so much effort to defend it, and I'm really too tired to find and create every argument to defend my stand, myself. And my arguments are never tight, never good enough; maybe my brain is getting old and dumb. Getting deprecated by my teacher all the time does not help one bit.Yet, the skill to argue seems to be such a terribly necessary skill in life, for without conflict and disagreement, life would just be static and dull.

Oh well, getting PW results back next week. I feel terrible. That A is just way too elusive, and I'm not going to be one of the lucky few. I'm really worried for my grades. I'm absolutely demoralised by my grades in school right now, it makes me think how screwed I am for my As. I can only secure 1 A each test and 2 Bs and my other two are just...screwed. And I don't see how no one is affected by it. It's so strange, I actually get scolded for saying it, and then there'd be people telling me how bad 2 distinctions are for A levels. I wouldn't mind getting scolded if I got 4 As and made a complaint like this, but I'm not. Ughhhh. Sigh.

Wesley at 9:56 AM