Monday, December 20, 2010

What if life were a book?

Strange thing to say, I know. But I've been thinking, in life, there are so many other perspectives of a situation that we don't think of or even can't know of. A character in a book can't possibly be deemed noble if no one knew what he did, can he? Some of the ironies in life don't show themselves too until it's too late for you to realise. It's probably the same reason why 'inside jokes' exist because of the different things that we know. In life, there are so many gaps that we don't know about. For example, if I lied to someone, it wouldn't be apparent to that person had I been a good liar. But in a book, it would be quite obvious that I lied. 'He lied,' he lied.

But then again, life wouldn't be fun if everything were as straightforward as things go in books would they? It wouldn't be fun if everything were so clear and transparent. You could even flip on to the next chapter to find out how you should make your decisions!

It's like I suddenly hear 'Patience' by Take That, and I finally understand the reason why the person shared it to me as his 'favourite song'.

Wesley at 4:49 PM