Friday, December 10, 2010

I seem to have started a movie marathon of sorts (watching all the movies that I should've watched but haven't) for the past few days ._. My neighbour Totoro, Toy Story 1 & 2, 500 Days of Summer, Les Choristes, The Dark Knight...

And I think the first few shows brought me out of reality so much, that returning to it scared the hell out of me when I watched the Dark Knight. All the killings and violence and the brutality of the Joker... is making me slightly incoherent. So I've decided that I shan't really type out what I feel about it here since it wouldn't really make sense. I really need to improve on my communication skills. Bleh.

Anyway, the holidays have been feeling really short. Before I know it, it's almost mid-December, and there's still so much to do. And yes, watching those movies falls under the to-do list. In fact, I'd say it's an unspoken rule to 'get a life' during the holidays. Sadly, 'losing my life' through mugging happens to be in this holidays' to-do list too ):

These holidays have been radically different from the rest of my 17 years of existence. I've never gone out so much before. And even if it's going back to school for CO practices, it's been enjoyable! (unlike having to go back to school for GE in sec 3/4) I made a record for reading 2 entire books in 2 weeks during the June holidays. This December holidays, I've easily set a new record for the number of movies watched. I've also watched How to Tame a Dragon, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Memoirs of a Geisha, Toy Story 3, White Chicks... I think I normally don't watch a single one during the holidays ._.

It's funny how much things can change in such a short time. I wonder how much more could possibly be changed over the next year. But next year... A levels... Meh. Then again, after watching so much of wongfuproductions over the past week, it made me realise it doesn't really matter what I do, as long as I really enjoy it. Now, I've lost so much of myself, I don't really know what I truly enjoy. It's kinda sad. Reading 'The Next 100 Years' makes me feel even more lost. It's quite interesting trying to read a possible forecast of how the world's going to be like. It says that jobs are likelier to get easier to find as the baby boomers grow old and our generation takes over, and how increased life expectancy and decreased child mortality rates have changed the concept of marriage and childbirth, which is decreasing the world population and stuff. Self-studying GP is so much more effective than going to school and spending hours and hours in class.

...I think I ramble on too much. Haha.

Wesley at 10:12 PM