Friday, November 19, 2010
Now I know what it means when I'm said to be calm and level-headed in all situations.
Yesterday was the day I accidentally smashed a music stand into my eye (at 9pm), breaking the contact lens in my left eye in the process. I didn't really know that it broke until I went to the toilet a little later to take it out. The contact lens wasn't in one whole piece and there was a chip missing. I couldn't get it out until I got onto the train when my CO friends insisted on checking my eye again. It's funny how I didn't really panic big time even with thoughts about how people could go blind or how people have had their irises discolour. Well... Called my parents and ended up at my optometrist for the first time in a while (funny that she didn't mention about how we never turn up for the regular consultations). She checked up eye and said it's a good thing I didn't puncture my eyeball or it might have caused the liquid to flow out. Then maybe my eyeball would deflate and strange liquids would start flowing out but I digress.
The only thing that happened was that I caused a cornea abrasion. My optometrist even suggested that my contact lens shielded my eyes from the impact or I might have really punctured my eyeball! Then we rushed off to A&E in GH. Spent nearly 2 hours waiting and only managed to see the optometrist there at 1230am. The doctor there was actually really nice. Being a doctor in the A&E section seems to be pretty fun too. Haha. Well she prescribed some medicine for me and banned me from using contact lenses for a month. (Not that I can even if I wanted too since it's already broken -.-)
My vision's still a little strange on my left eye but I guess it'll be fine after a while.
Wesley at
9:11 AM