Sunday, September 5, 2010
'I was jealous of Yuki. Here she was, thirteen years old, and everything, including misery, looked, if not wonderful, at least new. Music and places and people. So different from me. True, I'd been in her place before, but the world was a simpler place then. You got what you worked for, words meant something, things had beauty. But I
wasn't happy. I was an impossible kid at an impossible age. I wanted to be alone, felt good being alone, but never had the chance. I was locked in these two frames, home and school. I had this crush on a girl, which I didn't know what to do about. I didn't know what love meant. I was awkward and introverted. I wanted to rebel against my teachers and parents, but I didn't know how. Whatever I did, I bungled.'
-
Dance dance dance, Haruki Murakami
Wesley at
8:11 AM