Wednesday, March 17, 2010

GP lesson quotes!

---
GP tutor: I just came back from Lijiang and the people there are really skinny and fat people are like rare. So they were saying that fat people are really 'valued' here. So the guide looked at the people in our group and pointed to this friend of mine and said "You! If you came here to get married, you would be paid 50 cows!" And a cow there was worth 20,000 RMB each, so that's 1 million RMB already. Then the guide went on and then pointed to me "You! Fair skin and skinny, do you smoke?" I said no, and she said, "Aiyo, even worse, then you have to pay to get married here!"

---
GP tutor stares at comprehension passage after having asked the class to look at it.

GP tutor: (suddenly looks up) Have you ever seen horses pee?

---
GP tutor does discussion on adjective phrases and adjectival phrases.

GP tutor: The minimum number of words in a phrase, or even a sentence is 1 word.
Me : No.
GP tutor: Yes.

---
I started laughing! (And if you're reading this blog you should know how I laugh. Haha.)

GP tutor: Do you normally laugh like that? You sound like a horse!
Student 1: As long as he doesn't pee like one!

---

GP class is awesome! xD

Wesley at 12:57 AM