Tuesday, December 15, 2009

One is back in Singapore. One misses Bordeaux terribly.

My first night back wasn't particularly great either. It was hot. hot. hot. The right wheel of my trolley was stuck (probably braked) and I didn't know how to correct it. My parents reformatted my camera's memory card on accident so all the photos were gone. My brother was being a nuisance by making me translate everything in the recipe book. I felt awkward with my parents. Speaking in English or Chinese isn't as intellectually stimulating as speaking in French. My house feels tiny and enclosed and makes me feel claustrophobic.

In short, I just miss Bordeaux. Really, really miss Bordeaux. All the people there are really so friendly. Nobody in Singapore would ever greet their customers. They'd just go up to you and be a nuisance because they want their commissions. In France, everyone greets you even though you're just a teenager. And they'd leave you alone until you call them or if you say you don't need help. They friendliness just is missing in Singapore. Everyone seems to be so hostile, suspicious, and wary. The warm fuzzy feeling is absent.

And Wesley is bored in Singapore. Really really bored. I have absolutely nothing to do back home. Sigh. Really miss my entire French group. Thanks for letting me have such a wonderful time. The French flag! Gen, Viv and Shanping! Greg! Zydney! Weilun! Darren! Dharani! Jane! Sarah! Rebecca!

I'm really glad Greg and Darren convinced me to go for this trip. I'm really glad I put in a bit of effort in the interview despite being half reluctant. I'm really glad I was given a chance to go despite being on the waiting list. I was really glad that I made the decision to go for the trip despite being reluctant about hosting. I was glad I made so many good friends on this trip as well. AND I'M DEPRESSED THAT I DIDN'T CONTINUE TAKING FRENCH. Buh. I hope this French side of me doesn't die just because I dropped French ):

Wesley at 9:08 PM