Saturday, December 12, 2009
Day 20:
Vendredi le 11 decembre
After the entire day was over, I just realised that the real ending of this trip was today and not on Sunday. Some people are staying in France, some are going to fly off on their own from France, so we won't be boarding the plane together as an entire group. Today is the last day we meet the teachers, the school, the correspondents, and I'm glad we spent our entire night together.
Temperature was dropping. For the first time ever, Dharani was complaining that it was cold. Darren didn't turn up (he was late) on the excuse that he was sick. Haha. Went to Jasper Morrison exhibition in some museum. The museum was really weird. The exhibition rooms seemed to be originally rooms of a chateau and had all the objects preserved, then Jasper Morrison inserted a few lights and objects into the scene, to incoperate modernity into the ancient setting. It wasn't so bad, but isn't it very expensive to hold such an exhibition?
Had some free time afterwards, dropped by a random toy shop in which Betty got ditched. Poor Weilun again =/ Sneaked off for hot chocolate. You would never have met a better scammer. The large cup of hot chocolate was served half full. But then again it still wasn't too bad. Shanping says there's a better one at Quinconces and we're going there tomorrow. WE SHALL SEE!
For the first time ever, our little group wasn't the last group to arrive! Dharani, Sarah and Bryan arrived the latest because they went shopping. So amusing. We were supposed to meet at 1145, and Dharani decided to walk into a shop at 1148 and reached meeting point at 1159. She did get her shoes though. We would have been late if we had not stopped Zydney from getting spray paint though xD
Lunch was in school. I realised that I've been eating lunch really quickly for the last week. It is a fact that the last week's lunch was much better than the first week's, but maybe it's because I've gotten more accustomed to the canteen food. To appreciate one another's culture, to be tolerant, to respect us as free human beings, especially the wrath of the lunch lady.
Then we spent nearly an hour trying to get a basketball. Lucas eventually found one that was super deflated. It could hardly bounce. (And it was green and blue!) Eventually ended up playing captain's ball. This when we realised it was getting really cold. Thank goodness I was the captain in the sun :D But Vivian was bullying me with her height. The other group starting ganging around me to prevent my team from scoring. Evil D:
RAN TO CLASSROOM C018 TO MAKE SURE WE WEREN'T LATE. Ironically we were pretty early. Watched this video called Tanguy. It was a strange and saddistic sort of movie which I couldn't really understand. So I was slacking around with Gregory. We did understand the random shriekings though. Then there was this box of biscuits being passed around. Biscuits leftover from yesterday's night.
Rallye results were then announced and feedback forms were being done. I think I have learnt the art of Frenglish. Not too hard really. Just mélongé the words un peu, like what we might faire for Chinois quand nous don't know how to exprimer ourselves, we start using a mix de les deux. :D
Then our France flag gave out our Christmas presents. Oh my gosh, I really love them so much. Thanks a lot Genevieve, Vivian and Shanping! (Bleu, blanc, rouge!) Really appreciated the little piece of your heart that you've left on the book. Thanks a lot, I'm really glad to have met you girls and to have become such great friends :D May we keep in contact!
Basketball match! We finally found a proper ball to play with. It was fun playing among ourselves than against the French. NOW WE KNOW BETTER. I think we're getting a little better at shooting than before since we no longer get scores of 2-0 after 10 minutes. xD After the match everyone had to leave/go back home/etc to get ready for the concert and stuff. Went to the tabac and guzzled down a bottle of peach tea even before we left the tabac. I haven't exercised for a long time D:
Went back to school and Matthieu called saying he'd meet me in school. 20 minutes later he still wasn't there. So we left for my house anyway. Shanping came over for a visit :D Thanks to her I found out the cat was called 'Oasis' BWAHAHA. (Indeed I had never asked about the name of the cat after 20 days and she managed to get its name within 10 minutes) And then...She knocked her head on the really low ceiling and fainted on the ground. *laughs*
We then headed to Victoire where Matthieu was waiting (so that's where he was) along with Sami, Victor, Darren and a jumping Weitai. Gregory was late again (as usual xD). Shanping and I found him along the roadside in cancer state! We had to lead him back to the concert area because Gregory was so late everyone decided to ditch him. BWAHAHA.
And the concert was similar to the previous one. I FORGOT TO BRING MY TISSUE PAPERS. Gah. THANK YOU VIVIAN FOR SAVING MY EARS. We were hiding in the corner while people were moshing. Gregory didn't get to push the moshers because Lucile and Bérengère didn't allow him too. Hehe. Apparently the concert was some competition between bands and Matthieu's group won! Félicitations! :D
After that, we used our free drink coupon! Léonore/Sarah introduced us to demi-
G------ (I FORGOT HOW TO SPELL CRAP) Grenidade (thanks greg!) It's basically syrup mixed with beer. Zydney got citron (lemon), Gregory fraise (strawberry) and me pêche (peach). It wasn't too bad. I actually liked it. :3 Darren got Orangina because he refused to be drunk. But he ended up going around sipping everyone's drink anyway xD
Then we started getting all high despite the cold. Partly because Zydney was (acting) drunk. We were really high and it was really great. Strolled over to Mcdonald's to have dinner, where we started to compare who was colder. Haha! Then we met up with Genevieve, Dharani, Weilun, Rebecca and their correspondents. We were trying to remake the lyrics of Vois Sur Ton Chemin and At the Beginning to something expressing our cold. Didn't really work out. xD
Wandered around even more after that. We really got quite high and happy, afterwhich we went to a pub thingy to get more drinks. It was then that I realised that that was really the last time we were all going to meet together with our correspondents ): It's superbly depressing. But let's not emo.
I totally forgot to mention my camera, spent 8-9 panicking because I couldn't find my camera in the salle polyvalente. But apparently Ms devi found it and passed it back to me at 9am when I met her. SO HAPPY :D
Ok it's late now, and Shanping rightly pointed out that the lighting here is really bad. No wonder my eyesight seems to be getting worse. Should go to sleep now! Good night!
M. Rigolo
(EDIT: SRY I SPELT YOUR NAME WRONGLY, VIVIAN D:)
Wesley at
7:41 AM