Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Day 10:
My first blog entry on the french immersion programme! I know I should've started earlier but better late than never! At least I have seen the error of my ways.
I guess I had too much time to reflect today so I ended up deciding that I truly needed a place to log down these wonderful memories of this French Immersion Programme. SCIP isn't even over and I'm already dreading the day this trip will end. Mostly because the company's good and I guess it isn't that hard to talk to each other. All the high people like ShanPing and Vivian are really great fun to have.
Today was actually quite boring. We attended Lucile's and Berengere's Chinese lesson! IT WAS SO DRY. The teacher hardly seemed to want to speak in Chinese. She seemed to prefer to speak in French. And here chinese sounded a little strange too. Especially the di4 san1 sheng1 (can't type chinese here). Ended up watching WeiTai doodle. Buh.
Then we went to the Hôtel de Ville de Bordeaux, Palais Rohan. Basically the place where the mayor works. It's a pretty pretty place. But it was also here that I finally decided that I will never like wine. Gah. This time was worse. It was blatantly stated that the wine had sugar added in. Everyone's goes "ARGH I DON'T LIKE THE WINE IT'S SUPER SWEET!" And then I'll be suffering in the corner wondering why the wine is not sweet. At least Genevieve feels the same way too so I guess wine works differently for different people.
Went back for lunch of chicken and potato balls.
THEN WE HAD RENCONTRE SPORTIF. I was with the basketballers! :D AND MY TEAM ROCKS. Who cares if we lost all the matches :3 EQUIPPE ROUGE: GREGORY, REBECCA, LE SHAN, ARINA, NANTHINI, MOI! Well, Rebecca was just so amusing :D Everytime she got the ball, she'd get attacked by all the other people, then she'll start screaming. Then EQUIPPE ROUGE wouldn't be able to stop laughing and we just lose the ball and give the other team plenty of time to score. IT WAS SO HILARIOUS. (Oh and Matthieu threw a basketball right smack into Bryan. BWAHAHA.) I quote what Matthieu described the game to Hélène! "INEQUITABLE". I can't find that in the dictionary. But "équitable" means "fair" so I suppose with the prefix "in-" it means "not fair" xD I think I officially like basketball as a sport. RECREATIONAL SPORT. Still hate competitive sports. People get so stupid for the sake of competitions.
Went to La Bastide in the afternoon. I agree with what Hélène says. That trip was "très bizarre". Simply because we went across the river, to do a worksheet that could've been done without crossing the river. Unless you want to involve the lion. Not too exciting really.
Went back to school and went to Mériadeck. Lovely place. I LOVE THE SUPERMARKETS HERE. They're totally awesome. They have EVERYTHING for your baking needs! Unlike those in Singapore. AND THAT'S NOT ALL. THEY HAVE ALL THE NICE STUFF. ALL THE WONDERFUL DESSERTS AND LOTS OF SALMON! Salmon is AWESOME.
Just to end off with some hilarious quotes:
Zydney (pissed off with WeiTai again): "I DON'T BLEEDING CARE IF I HAVE TWO BLEEDING HOLES IN MY HEAD"
WeiTai (sounding worried): "Why are you holes bleeding?"
---------------------
Genevieve: "8th Decemeber is a very special day!" (we were discussing about birthdays and 8th decemeber is Zydney's birthday)
WeiTai (who just walked by): "OH I KNOW 8TH DECEMBER! IT'S SINGAPORE BREAST CANCER DAY!"
---------------------
<3 Bordeaux SCIP
Wesley at
5:41 AM