Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wesley, being unmotivated to mug, decided to go read up about random stuff and found out that quite a few terrible things has happened these few days. Like tropical storm Ketsana, typhoon Parma, and another typhoon Melor, and the earthquake in Indonesia, and a landslide in Italy, and a mini earthquake in California, and my inability to concentrate on mugging.

And I because of this and a little research, I found out there were many more things behind the supposed 2012 phenomenon where there would be an apocalypse (new vocab! :D). Many strange theories about what would happen then.

I like the theory of geomagnetic reversal. Then all our compasses would be pointing towards the South instead and the physics department would have to remark our physics papers because the North pole is now the South pole and the North seeking pole would start pointing to the geomagnetic south instead.

Nibiru is quite amusing too. A planet crashing into Earth. Actually it's more scary than amusing if you thought about it properly. There are supposedly extraterrestrial life on that planet too. But well, critics claim that Jupiter's magnetic field would blast Nibiru out of the Milky Way, so there isn't a need to know whether humans can co-exist with extraterrestrial life.

And there's a black hole alignment too. Some supermassive black hole in the centre of the galaxy Sgr A* would align with planet Earth and suck it in. Finally Earthlings can get to explore what's inside a black hole. But apparently we're a few degrees off from getting sucked in.

There's also the New Age concept for 2012, where there would be a global 'consciousness shift'. Maybe that's when people would pay more attention to global warming. But either way, that means that there'd probably be some disaster since homo erectus are so thick skulled to understand the magnitude of global warming.

I realised that the doomsday theories are actually more popular than New Age theories. I wonder why.

Have you ever wondered what you would do, if you knew tomorrow was the end of the world? I really wouldn't know what to do. I don't even know what I want to do with my life now. Perhaps it would be nice to spend that one last day just sitting around, staring at the (hopefully still blue) sky with the people you love and await the end of the world together.

How morbid. What are the chances the 2012 doomsday would be caused by Man? Popularising that theory probably already predicted the 2012 doomsday.

Wesley at 8:05 PM