Sunday, July 26, 2009
Funny how 3 weeks just flew past like that. Gah. The French Exchange Programme was a lot more fun than I expected. I'm really glad I chose to go for the programme. THANK YOU GREGORY DARREN AND WEILUN FOR CONVINCING ME. Though I must admit the homestays were kind of strained. It's very scary to have someone living under the same roof who you can't talk to openly. And I believe the lack of openness is because my family tend to like speak in Chinese. Sigh.
Week 5 can kill. I really have no idea what's going to happen to my soc doc. I dunno how to do book club (haven't even finished the book), and I have no idea how one does an oral defence for your own achievements (when I don't have any). Sigh.
Life without Matthieu is just so different. My weekends would be spent fretting where I can bring him, and wondering what he'd want to do, and getting the french group together for gatherings. Now, the weekends are empty and I've nothing to do once again. Spent like 4 hours sleeping. Rawr.
Not forgetting that I tried mugging French verbs. Stupidly enough, I decided to start from the basic verbs and using a pure French (online) dictionary. I died on the simplest of verbs. Partly because the simplest verbs have a hell lot of definitions (try searching 'be', 'have' and 'go' in and english dictionary) and the explanations are in French. I can't read French that fast ><
Oh well, time to die for my piano exam on Thursday.
Wesley at
10:32 PM