Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Gold. And nothing more.
The first hour of msn was spent ranting to anyone about how gold was a disappointing result when they say 'well done' or something similar. Subsequently, it just became a simple 'thanks'. No more rants. I could go on all day about how we could have done better but never mind that.
It's funny how some people think it's a consolation by saying 'at least you did better than band and co'. Taking it in perspective, I think that's mean. That's why people think RISE is snobbish. (I think) I can't help but quote 'Stop competing, start excelling.' I think I just realised the significance of this phrase, when previously I thought competing and excelling were intertwined and inseparable.
So what does Gold mean? Gold means we simply met expectations and nothing more. Gold means we put in effort and nothing more. Just effort. Not our bestest best effort. Gold means I'll probably get bombed for 'epic solo which probably costed us our honours.' I'm already guessing who would say that. Some RIGE people just don't have any sense in them.
Gold means SYF is over. I remember when I was sec 2, I was complaining about how they wouldn't let sec 2s participate in SYF. I was so excited about SYF then, wanting to gain more exposure and participate more actively in guitar (anything but the exco mind you). You could just guess the elation when they announced that they might have some audition thing for sec 2s to see whether they could join the main ensemble earlier. That was a lie. All that we could do was watch sec 2 SE, MB, CO people participate in SYF and relating their experiences.
2 years later, I'm here wondering whether I spent the past 4 years fruitfully. And then I wonder if there was any other way to spend it better. Sadly the answer is no. At least not in guitar.
Gold means SYF is finally over. I wonder whether I'll still be into guitar later on in life. Maybe.
Yes I've accepted the fact that we spent 4 years and just got gold already. So, well, ya.
Good luck RISE.
Wesley at
11:01 PM