Sunday, April 26, 2009
Félicitations, Wesley. The day is finally here.
I've been waiting for this day (otherwise known as the big day, SYF day and what-not) for 6 months (perhaps more) because of UTTER boredom from playing 2 songs, and nothing more.
And now that it's here, I don't know how I should be feeling.
Every big day I had since I was born, I awaited with eager anticipation. And when it's the eve of that big day, I'd wish time would pass slower so I could gather my thoughts. But this time it's different, I feel strangely calm and I know not why. Sigh. Maybe the wait has killed me. Right now I'm wondering whether I should take out my guitar to practice one more time. The only thing that's stopping me is my fear of panicking. And the only reason why I want to play is to give me more confidence that I am prepared. Trying to decide on an answer is making me sufficiently less calm and a lot more nervous. It's good to feel a little more normal.
I can't wait for this to be over, so I can cut my fingernails and play the piano properly. Ugh.
And I'm looking at supposedly motivational emails on the RIGE e-group. And I'd do some misquoting because I'm good at it.
'We are well aware that some of you aren't looking up. Yes, that means you, primes in the third row. We have eyes.'
'Play wrongly and I'll have a guitar string around your neck before you know it.'
'Also, Altos please follow the rhythm for Scherzino (don't rush), more specifically the Alto 1s, or Altos sitting to my right. Especially the introduction.'
'Let's focus for just this last stretch, so that we can walk away from this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity proudly saying 'we played our best', and prove to the judges that RIGE deserves to keep our coveted
Gold with Honors.'
I dunno. I can't stand the tone. And I sincerely apologise to the writer that I'm being so critical whether your tone was intentional or unintentional (which is worse because it means that's how you usually speak and carry yourself). They're all from the same email by the way. The last line is there because American spelling just looks weird. And it was already bolded in the email.
I always thought the last day was used to motivate people instead of being critical on errors (not supposed to have errors anyway).
And I'm wondering whether our chairman would send a motivational email like all the past chairmen.
It's fun to be critical. I feel considerably less stressed now. And Ryoji's japanese gameshow comedy helped a bit too. Although I find the whipping part a bit sadistic. ><
Wesley at
9:07 PM