Friday, March 20, 2009

Time to start writing proper posts xD But first watch the 2 videos below. At least the one on top. The joys of swearing! It's really amusing.

Anyway, been to the dentist yesterday. And then halfway through I suddenly realised dentists were supposed to be scary people. Well, I used to have the same feeling too until I realised it wasn't that hard to keep teeth that dentists like. And I don't remember going to a dentist for a long time with the dentist being scary. So no fear :D

But yesterday's dentist experience has got to be the newest one ever. LIKE WTH I THINK IM GOING TO DIE BECAUSE I HAD 3 X-RAYS ON THE SAME DAY. So if you see a mutated Wesley on Monday, blame the SGH dental place thingum. Like they make you bite funny things then close you up in the room and spam the X-rays. I think some of my cells mutated and are trying to make me hungrier than I usually am. OR MAYBE THEY'RE CAUSING MY PIMPLES TO BECOME UNCURABLE. ARGH!

Ok so well, I'm going to get braces. (Yes I know it's late) And I don't know why I'm getting them. Maybe I can smile better after that and make myself less self-conscious. Hoorah. And just for my self-consciousness, I have to go for surgery to remove 8 teeth, 4 of which are wisdom teeth. And doctors aren't very comforting in saying that there's risk in every surgery.

"There's less than 5% chance that we'll cause temporary damage to the nerve under the wisdom tooth and 1% chance that there'll be permanent damage. Oh, and in medical terms, that's very little."

Well thank you very much, I know that makes you feel better in case something screws up, BUT I STILL WANT TO LIVE. So you'd better make sure there's no room for error. And what's more it's 4 wisdom teeth, so that makes 20% chance! Oh wait probability doesn't work that way. HAH, MATHS QUESTION FOR YOU, FIRST PERSON GETS CAKE. And if you know how portal works, THE CAKE IS A LIE! MUHAHAHAHA!

And it's in those random periods of waiting that my mum starts talking about random stuff. And strangely enough, yesterday was the first time I talked about death without her flinching and changing the topic. She actually kind of accepted the fact that death shouldn't be a topic to avoid. And yesterday's talk reminded me about what she told me about before. About university education. It wasn't a particularly exciting chat and it suddenly explained why I've never thought about studying overseas. No it's not about me. It's about her mentality which has limited my scope to only NUS. Guess what, since young I've never thought about going to university. I only thought of getting to RI. And that's all I ever wanted when I was in primary school. Now that I'm in RI, I don't know how to move on from here. Because after JC, it's out of my parent's comfort zone, it's out of my scope. I don't know anything about other universities overseas, and neither do they. Because they only pay attention to NUS. And then I go on to wonder about how everyone knows which university is good for which subject. And then I wonder whether it's my fault that I don't research, or my parents' fault for not knowing and telling me. Evidently it's my fault. FINE.

It's the end of the holidays already and I look back to see what I've done. Apparently today's the most productive day of completing 2 french worksheets out of a possible 30. (It's overdue work so that's just an estimate)

What a long post. If you have succeeded in reading till this point. Give yourself a pat on the back and then look out of the window to rest your eyes. I know the font of this current skin is tiny and the contrast is painful to the eye. Thus, if you find a nice skin which you'd like to recommend, feel free to leave it somewhere where I'll see it (:

Wesley at 11:12 PM