Saturday, March 28, 2009

Just watched 海角七号 (Cape No. 7). I'd say that the storyline is confusing. Perhaps because I was watching it without an open mind. I wasn't particularly eager to watch the movie in the first place and my eyes were aching from reading too much.

But I think either way I'd still be confused with an open mind, eagerness and non-aching eyes. Like please. The whole movie uses Chinese, Japanese, Teochew (I think, if not it's Hokkien), and 10 seconds of English. And I'm only more fluent in the language that was used for 10 seconds >.> Subtitles were in Chinese and REALLY SMALL. Add on the fact that my eyes were aching, I was forced to use my lousy listening skills to try to find out what was happening.

Well, my mum convinced me to watch it because it was supposed to be the type of movie where the main focus was on music (like Secret) but well...This is like BAND music. Oh well. And after watching for 1 hour, I couldn't see how music was involved. >.> And guess what? The only part of the movie I really enjoyed was like at the really end. Let's find the clip...



That's basically the concert which they were preparing for or something. But if you don't feel like watching the whole concert, at least listen to this song. (国境之南)



I'm addicted to this song now. It's a really lovely song. And in case youtube embedded videos decides to screw up again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKwCI2_OGRE (ogre? lol...I didnt even realise)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OamZ4f5rjM

世界末日 就儘管來吧
我會繼續 無樂不作
不會浪費 愛你的快樂
當夢的天行者 要快樂

That's from the first song which is happier :D And it's more quotable xD

BUT I STILL PREFER THE SECOND SONG. :D

Edit: I'm watching it a second time now on youtube :D And a lot of things are making sense now. Probably because now I'm watching with interest. That makes all the difference (: Wesley is confused no more!

Wesley at 12:46 PM