Thursday, January 22, 2009
Happy CNY
Happy CNY. Happy CNY. Happy CNY.
Time to look forward to walking around homes of relatives that we don't meet at all except for the annual CNY. Time to look forward to sitting around in these homes being quiet and watching the your relatives tell you how much taller you've gotten. Time to sit around staring at your cousins whom you haven't met in a year and not know what to say.
And I just realised how tired I actually am. Reached home at 4. Decided to take a short break for a while after yawning as though I do that to breathe. (What a funny way of expessing it.) Well, the short break ended up to be nearly 4 hours long. I slept all the way till 8. >.> Like, sleeeeeeeep! And guess what, I'm still feeling sleepy >.>
What exactly is CNY? What makes this day/these days so special? I think it's quite stupid to have a day when you go around visiting relatives that you don't meet at all. It would be so much better to meet up regularly like maybe once a month at least. Instead of creating this special day so that people can meet up once a year. Now people end up depending on this day to gather together, and pretend they don't know each other exists for the other 364 days. Silly.
But then again, maybe this just applies to my family. More specifically the paternal side of my family. I guess it's just the generation gap. My paternal cousins are like, relatively old. And the age gap. And then they start discriminating me because of my school and make me out to be some... Well you know how people think of students like us. They think we're like saints or something. Or whatever word is more appropriate. My vocabularly isn't exactly cooperating right now.
Nevertheless, I guess it would be nice to see them again. See them and stone after that.
Wesley at
9:39 PM