Monday, June 9, 2008
What is a decibel?
Sorry for not having posted for a long time. Not that it would matter much.
What is a decibel? Been staring at that article for the whole day and I realised it's a funny article that does Maths like nothing else.
My holidays is composed of, guitar practices, CO practices, mapling, and random events that forces me to go back to school. In short it means I need something else. CO is fun though. Not RICO. I found out there was this girl who was in the same primary school as me, was in the same CCA and plays the dizi. And I never realised. I wonder how many other people knows me. It's really freaky.
Performance on Saturday was really funny. We had about a group or 10-15 playing in open space. I guess we were really quite soft, could barely hear anyone. (To think we thought CO was always louder). Open air is a bad place. Go there and see the situation. We finish a song, we have about 2-3 people clapping nonchanlantly. Very mechanical. Then when they started serving the buffet dinner, the whole audience left, leaving the 2-3 nonchalant 'clappers'. Well, not that the audience was a lot.
They're intending to have a concert next year December. And the way they put it, it's like some really rare opportunity that is hard to come by. Being in RIGE makes you realise that concerts aren't really that special. It's just an annual event. Maybe that's why nobody bothers themselves with practice.
Just like the small group. They started pushing the blame. 2 people absent, 1 person absent for the past 2 weeks, 1 person wasn't sure about the rhythm. 5 in total. I'm not saying I'm perfect. It's just that, if we have people quarrelling over how you count 6/8 time (that's me and another guy), and the people playing other songs immediately after we finish on run-through, how will we ever get something? I gave up a long time ago. So I'm not helping with things either. Yes I know I'm wrong. People started asking me about the small group (I wonder why me, maybe because I was sitting at the extreme left of the group) and what would you like for a reply?
Rant rant rant. I feel alone in this world.
Wesley at
9:08 PM