Monday, May 19, 2008
Long time no blog!
Yes! Long time no blog! Haha. Well, last week was the most hectic week ever. And I'm certainly glad it's over. Except Saturday D: Saturday was one really fun day. I wouldn't mind going through another 5 more of such Saturdays, but I'm probably left with one more, which is next year. *makes mental note to treasure it*
Well, I'd just say guitar was really funny in the morning and ushering in the afternoon was fun. All the parents were nice and friendly and not like the evil people the teachers made them out to be. The trouble came when they started speaking in Chinese. Like, I already got tongue-tied when I spoke in English, what about Chinese! Oh well, hope I didn't give to bad an impression for the school.
And for the first time ever, I feel good about a test. The french one. Probably because I did so badly for the previous one, this one probaby couldn't get any worse. Well, tomorrow will tell it all. I'll probably still do badly. No surprise.
And I'm already in holiday mood! Since like... Week 6? That's probably why I've been failing all my tests. (You deserve to die Wesley) Yes yes I know I do. For sacrificing my marks for this. But oh well, competition is making me want to do well and since it's unjustifiable to do well simply because you want to beat someone, then who cares.
BUT I WANNA TAKE H3 SUBJECTS. That's probably a justifiable reason. I didn't know there was a minimum GPA for that. Argh! No I do not want to take H3 subjects so that I feel superior. It's because I'm interested to know what so difficult about a subject. Which goes on to suggest that if I were to take those subjects, I'll get bored of them within a month. Which is bad.
I dunno why but I always end up referring to competition. And I know I shouldn't. Not that I had anything against the teacher who said it. But well, I don't think competition's all that bad. Maybe it's just really bad in our class. But I guess it pushes one beyond one's limits. But when it goes to the stage that you're competing just to beat each other, and not learning to learn, then that's really wrong.
We come to this world without anything, and will leave the world the same way. I found a similar phrase in the chinese book for holiday reading... Let me find it...
外婆常说,有些人“不知道赤裸裸生下来的含义”。
没错,人生下来的时候一丝不挂,什么也没带来。
说真的,在上初中以前,我们真的是一无所有。
一切都是父母给的。
因此,不论是也失败,或是失去房子,只不过是回到原来的处境。
- 佐贺的超级阿嬷,岛田洋七
That book's really nice. And those sentences sure make a lot of sense. We come in this world with nothing, we leave it with nothing else well. Losing something, is just like going back to what you started with. As such, there's no need to take life seriously. Take it within your own stride. And maybe you'll live a better life.
Really?
Wesley at
10:48 PM