Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Life and its nasty jokes

No, right here, we're not talking about funny jokes. We're talking about the ones where life decides to be nice to you and let you off your guard. Before you know it, it kicks you hard in the face. You fall down. And all the people around you starts laughing at your blunder...

I'm telling you it's not funny at all. I failed geog. Fun isn't it? Well, I thought she sounded quite funny when she called out my name. I don't like they way my paper was mark. Who thinks that huge gigantic boulders on beaches look prettier than nice beautiful 'promenades' along a beach? I bet everyone's going to try to comfort me by telling me the boulders look nicer. I said the promenades would look better.

Duh. Obviously I'm disappointed. And the teacher wants to hold remedial classes. Obviously I don't mind. But when I tried to ask her more about the remedial, she seemed quite reluctant to say anything, as though she regretted saying that she'd hold a remedial.

And right here, it reminds me of what happened in sec 1. (Yes I don't normally fail test. A just pass is enough to make me disappointed. Yes I know I have too high expectations of myself.) I failed my first english/lit essay when I just entered the school. Everyone else passed except me. Oh I failed so badly the teacher didn't even want to give a mark. For those who don't know which teacher I'm referring to, her name is Miss Edelweiss Yong. (something looks wrong with the spelling)

Well, she was really nice to me. Took me out of the class just so that she could discuss how I was handling things. I must say it essay writing was, then, quite foreign to me. So well, nothing much to expect. I was crapping things up. She tried to help me understand how things works, how essays are written and stuff. Well, she's nice compared to this year's encounter with geog teachers. Is it a difference in expectations? Maybe.

AND PHYSICS. Bloody hell. The suspense almost killed me. I like half died while listening to the results. And I supposed I would have turned suicidal if I flunked my expectations again. I guess I must thank kll for telling me about the formula 1/v + 1/u = 1/f before the test or I wouldn't be here typing this blogpost.

French tomorrow. Absolutely not looking forward to it. Chinese project on Friday. Piano which I haven't practiced for Saturday. Sunday? Boredom I guess. Look, before this year, I always made it a point to find something significantly fun event that might happen in the next few days that would make me willing to go to school. Stuff like a presentation or maybe getting back some results or going to take some test. Now? All those are making me not want to go to school. Nothing to look forward too at all. In fact, there's enough reason to detest going to school.

But is school really that bad? It's all just perception.

Wesley at 7:44 PM